CableFree 60GHz V-Band Multi-Gigabit Compact Sector radios are ideal sector radios devices for Point to Multipoint (P2MP) networks in wireless networking applications
Compact Sector Radio Features
- Integrated 60GHz V-band Radio and Antenna
- Integrated Beam-forming Antenna
- 60 degree or 180 degree field-of-view eases alignment & enables mounting on flexible masts, monopoles and street lighting
- 2.3Gbps TDD Airside Interface
- 1Gbps full duplex capable product
- Gigabit Ethernet Port with PoE (Power over Ethernet)
Why Consider 60GHz?
Modern V-band 60GHz radios from CableFree are easy-to-deploy, cost-effective, wireless Gigabit Ethernet point-to-point bridges operating in the 60 GHz millimeter wave V-band, delivering full-duplex capacity of up to 1 Gbit/s over distances of up to 1km or more. Utilising Time Division Duplexing (TDD), the full 2.3Gbps capacity of the radio is available divided into both directions for transmit and receive under user control.
Combining carrier-class performance with advanced features such as adaptive modulation, multi-channel operation, low latency, high link throughput and security, the CableFree V-Band Radio supports a variety of shorthaul connectivity, network extension and backhaul applications.
Modern Chipsets for V-band wireless include 802.11ad wireless chipsets which offer high performance with compact, efficient & low-power solutions.
Technical Benefits of 60GHz
- Excellent “carrier class” performance for high-speed Gigabit capacity internet, data, and voice communications.
- 60GHz radios have a small footprint making them perfect for metropolitan areas or aesthetically sensitive installations, such as in historic districts or architecturally regulated areas.
- 60 GHz has unique characteristics which provide a high degree of immunity to interference from other radio signals.
- Large 7 GHz channel size (“bigger pipe”), compared to conventional microwave solutions (typically 3.5 to 60 MHz).
- “Oxygen absorption” attenuates 60 GHz signals such that they cannot travel far beyond their intended path, which (a) enhances signal/data security and (b) enables customers to install numerous 60 GHz radios in the same area (higher “frequency reuse”).
- Excellent directivity via highly focused point-to-point antennas, perfect for building-to-building, tower-to-tower, and small cell deployments.
- Up to “Five 9’s” (99.999%) availability, depending on rainfall rates/geographic location. In most parts of the world, rain attenuation can be compensated for by selecting the appropriate antenna and assessing link distance correctly, which is made easier by Choice of different 60 GHz antennas to suit precise applications
For Further Information
Please Contact Us