CableFree 60GHz V-Band Multi-Gigabit radios with High Gain Antennas are ideal for Point to Point (P2P) links as well as subscriber devices for Point to Multipoint (P2MP) networks
Why Consider 60GHz?
Modern V-band 60GHz radios from CableFree are easy-to-deploy, cost-effective, wireless Gigabit Ethernet point-to-point bridges operating in the 60 GHz millimeter wave V-band, delivering full-duplex capacity of up to 1 Gbit/s over distances of up to 1km or more. Utilising Time Division Duplexing (TDD), the full 2.3Gbps capacity of the radio is available divided into both directions for transmit and receive under user control.
Combining carrier-class performance with advanced features such as adaptive modulation, multi-channel operation, low latency, high link throughput and security, the CableFree V-Band Radio supports a variety of shorthaul connectivity, network extension and backhaul applications.
Modern Chipsets for V-band wireless include 802.11ad wireless chipsets which offer high performance with compact, efficient & low-power solutions.
The importance of High Gain Antennas
High Gain Antennas are essential for long range & directional communication. To achieve link distances of 1km or more, high gain antennas integrated with the 60GHz radio are used to ensure best possible link margins to resist rain & other atmospheric effects
Technical Benefits of 60GHz
- Excellent “carrier class” performance for high-speed Gigabit capacity internet, data, and voice communications.
- 60GHz radios have a small footprint making them perfect for metropolitan areas or aesthetically sensitive installations, such as in historic districts or architecturally regulated areas.
- 60 GHz has unique characteristics which provide a high degree of immunity to interference from other radio signals.
- Large 7 GHz channel size (“bigger pipe”), compared to conventional microwave solutions (typically 3.5 to 60 MHz).
- “Oxygen absorption” attenuates 60 GHz signals such that they cannot travel far beyond their intended path, which (a) enhances signal/data security and (b) enables customers to install numerous 60 GHz radios in the same area (higher “frequency reuse”).
- Excellent directivity via highly focused point-to-point antennas, perfect for building-to-building, tower-to-tower, and small cell deployments.
- Up to “Five 9’s” (99.999%) availability, depending on rainfall rates/geographic location. In most parts of the world, rain attenuation can be compensated for by selecting the appropriate antenna and assessing link distance correctly, which is made easier by Choice of different 60 GHz antennas to suit precise applications
For Further Information
Please Contact Us